Our Travel Advisory Policy
The Macleay understands that from time-to-time your booking may be affected by weather or natural disasters that are not planned. In such cases, we make every possible effort to keep you informed and to provide you with the level of service that you require so that you can manage your bookings and plan around these unforeseen circumstances. If a Travel Advisory exists, we will display details about the advisory, how your booking may be affected and the process for how to proceed with as little stress and inconvenience as possible.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Supporting your well-being and travel plans
As a guest of The Macleay we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as a travel partner.
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our guests and employees. With that in mind we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Reservations & Customer Care
Due to the volume of calls to our Reservations & Customer Care teams we are unfortunately experiencing extended hold times.
To help support all our guests in a timely manner we ask that you:
- Modify or cancel your reservation online through the email confirmation link provided at the time of reservation
- Call or email the team only if your travel is within the next 72 hours and you are not able to modify or cancel your reservation online
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly
- For billing information or inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the hotel directly
- Please email if your request is not urgent or to report an issue and our Reservations & Customer Care team will respond in due course.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Cancellation policy & booking flexibly
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the following policies:
We are waiving cancellation fees for existing and new bookings at The Macleay for stays between March 9, 2020 and April 30, 2020 (see below for further important information including Group bookings):
- Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances.
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Group Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel to discuss further.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
Bookings beyond April 30, 2020 – staying flexible:
We want to help you plan and book any future travel with confidence. So, for bookings beyond April 30, 2020 we want to remind you of the flexibility already built in to our rates and packages that allow our guests to amend travel plans as necessary.
Our Best Flexible Rate allows our guests to change or cancel their reservation one to two days prior to arrival, although some reservations may have a different time frame. Changing the date on any reservations through our Best Flexible Rate may result in different pricing and terms, but there is no fee for making changes.
To modify a reservation for stays beyond April 30, 2020 visit the link in your confirmation email or email the hotel direct.
Your Health, Safety and Well-Being
Our number one priority is your health, safety and well-being. We are closely monitoring developments around the world and are in contact with global organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant authorities for country-specific requirements, to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.
Our hotel is required to adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures including all local laws. In addition, we provide our hotels with best practices and guidelines and have supplemented these resources with additional COVID-19 cleanliness specific guidance, training and information consistent with our own high standards.
- Activation of response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels.
- The Hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
- The hotel has been advised on cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- We continue to review food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
Thank you for the trust and support you have in us and we look forward to welcoming you to The Macleay hotel soon.
Updated: January 2021