Welcome To The Macleay Serviced Apartments / Hotel, Sydney
Home of the first European settlers /convicts and its rich historical significance The Rocks is one of Sydney’s must see attractions. With its exciting history and intrigue of tails of “shanghaied” sailors, rough gangs and gritty life, still evident in many historical buildings today, to the modern transformation of a lively mix of top quality restaurants in some of the oldest surviving buildings, shops and galleries on the sandstone cliffs of Sydney’s sparkling harbour.
Along with the captivating heritage, shopping experience and fine food and visual beauty The Rocks offer many other attractions that bring millions to its doorstep every year.
- BridgeClimb Sydney – experience the ultimate thrill with a guided climb right to the very top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Observatory – Beautifully situated high on the Observatory Hill, the Sydney Observatory occupies a heritage listed sandstone building overlooking the stunning Sydney Harbour. Open day and night, guests can explore the stars, exhibitions and gardens.
- The Rocks Walking Tours will explore “the secrets of the sandstone” in a 90 minute walking tour taking you back two centuries into the past. The friendly staff on tour will make sure you leave entertained and bring to life the stories of The Rocks and its intriguing past.
- The Rocks Ghost Tour will take you into the convict colony of The Rocks, discovering the dark side of death, murder, hangings and haunting of the past. Some still believe that the ghost still linger – take the tour to find out what you believe!
- The Rocks Pubs Tour will show you a very different side of the Rocks. A fun evening tour that will get you to sample the local brews along with enchanting stories of the heritage pubs and a special discounted meal to compliment the evening buzz.
- The Rocks Markets – Enjoy the markets and the Sydney feel among the charming stalls and eye catching glimpses of the harbour.
For the best hotel rates in Potts Point make your reservation today either online or by telephone on 1800 357 775... The Friendly staff at Macleay Hotel are delighted to assist you with your enquiries and accommodation needs. Enquire today.